Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE PROPOSAL

When I first heard about this proposal about this 5 on 5 MC battle, I didn't pay it any mind. I honestly thought it was so rumor floating around on the Internet or something. Then, I was hearing it in the streets and people wear asking me if I heard about it. Well, if you don't know about the "battle" here is the details. I guess back in March, on Youtube Mos is a little candid in front of some friends. Mos was addressing the "ranking" punkass MTV had on this so called "greatest MC alive" poll. Of course, MTV has no damn clue in the first place..Jay Z is at the top of the list(Sigh). Mos says in the youtube clip "Friend or Foe, I love all yall, but if your saying your better than Slick Rick, who is very alive and well, you are saying your better than Rakim, your saying your better than Black Thought-and the people making this claim has never had to defend this in an open forum."
Mos continued to say,"I ain't saying I'm better than them, but they certainly ain't better than me. I have no doubts about that's at all. I work at this. 
This ain't coming off of some pumped up ego swagger. I do this". 
He said that it was a friendly proposal and more about defending 
Slick Rick and Rakim more than anything. 
So The Mighty Mos Def proposes a "Battle of New Orleans" in the Superdome to straighten this all out. Oh yeah 10 million dollar pot, with 5 million going to charity, and on pay-per-view.
It's going to be a couple of different battles in the same event. 

(Marching Band)
Morgan State Vs. Grambling 
(DJs)
Biz Markie Vs. Kid Capri
(B-Boy Battle)
Korea vs. France
(Beats)
Kanye West vs. Swizz Beats
(5 on 5 MC battle)
Captain: Mos Def and
Nas, Black Thought, MF DOOM, Jay Electronica
Vs.
Jay Z 
and any 4 he wants.
In my opnion he would take Eminem, Andre 3000, Jadakiss, Lil' Wayne
maybe Redman, Royce 5'9, Talib for kicks, I don't know. Just my opinion though. 
I don't think Jay Z would even attempt this, he has WAY too much to LOSE.
I would love to see it, I liked Jay honestly but the best? Naw brotha.
LL Cool J has been doing this for how long..yeah whatever.
As long as I can remember, that MCs have always said they were the best. That is okay, mad MCs have been called out on wax, videos, on stage. The deaths of Tupac and Biggie have changed the whole thing now. You know folks taking that shit to heart. Dudes on youtube get punched in the face with the whole "Mad cuz I'm Stylin' on You." thing.
The "beefs" now are wack it's all about sales now. I mean Rick Ross vs. Eminem..really.
If Rick Ross had Canibus write his raps, he'd still lose. Okay, the 50 and Ja thing ..funny..but still wack. I think it would be so good for Hip Hop as culture, Charity, and help New Orleans with the rebuilding of the city. But, he wouldn't do it. For those us that know, Okay, Mos freestyles are nasty, Nas nuff said, and Black Thought mad people sleep on him. That dude is so nasty really listen to The Roots albums..I mean really LISTEN. Zeb Love X aka MF DOOM..whew! Doom vs. Marshall would be good to see. I'm not sure about Jay Electronica as far as freestyle thou, I just haven't heard him. I know this Jay against Mos, Jay is done. I don't care. Fuck you and what your talking about. Straight up. I would love to see him DESTROYED. 
Then when all the dust settles and he can't talk shit anymore. 
I will be the first to say..
Jigga what, Jigga who?