Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's Take A Second And Think Back..

I was up early one Saturday morning, I grabbed a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats and watched some TV. I came to realize that Saturday morning cartoons kinda suck..no really they suck for real. The new Spiderman and Batman are dope still..the classics no matter how you do them.. they are pretty alright. I flipped channel after channel until like 12pm and didn't see anything worth wild to watch. I thought about the time when cartoons were good, I mean when I could watch them for hours on end.
Now you know the best, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, Go-Bots, Monchhichis, Hanna-Barbera, and others I can't think of right now. Yeah the "old school cartoons" that the toys are worth a lot of money if in pretty good shape.

I asked my best friend Donald (that I've known since forever) to see if he remembers the cartoons back then. Donald does remember the toys but not the toons, he has a bad memory now I guess. The cartoons on adult swim are okay.. Well I only watch Boondocks anyways. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is so fucking insane now..good lawd. Not a fan of Family Guy(sorry Chase), I haven't watched The Simpsons in years, and my attention span for Anime is not what it use to be.
I put together a couple of cartoons that I watched coming up in California that I know you forgot about. Some of you might be way to young to maybe even remember these joints. I would think you have to be at least over 26 years of age to at least know these cartoons. If you are younger than that and have no clue..oh well..check it out anyways..you might learn something.







ProStars



Kid N' Play



Hammerman



Police Academy (The FatBoys Intro)



Robocop



Mr. T (which was 1983)



Jem! and the Holograms ( I know I'm going to catch it for this one
..um my sister watched this one...really.



Silverhawks



MASK (one of favorites)



Centurions




Visionaries

1 comment:

Few Redeeming Qualities.... said...

did you reference monchichi's on dangermeansnothing. lol. wow, you should go all in, and reference the snorks.