Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Escobar Season Has Returned.

Photobucket

I had some concerns when I heard that Esco was coming to town. I'm not going lie, It's really because Common let me down when he came to Charlotte. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on Common..I'll save that for a later time. Basically, Common did not do anything old, he changed clothes 6 times, and he did like old hiphop rhymes from other rappers instead of doing his own stuff. I mean I know his audience has changed because he's a sex symbol now..but damn homie.."breaker one nine" or "resurrection"..nope nothing. Qtip opened for him and fucking killed it. He also did Kamaal the Abstract shit plus, killed the Tribe shit and had a full band. Oh word Kareem Riggins on the drums..oh yeah..Common should have opened for Qtip. Anyways, so I was feeling the same way when I seen that Nas, Talib, and Jay Electronica was on the way to Amos.
I have never been so wrong..man was I wrong. My homie D.R. spun in between every set and rocked. Okay Jay Electronica started off the show and did his thing foreal. Talib Kweli next on the stage..ahh yes..his performance was so damn great ..but what else do you expect..it's Kweli.

Okay Nasty Nas time..Homie jumps on stage and does a couple of songs from the new album..cool haven't really checked for them even though Ryan sent it to me. All I know is that he did these songs. From the "Illmatic" album: NY State of Mind, The World is Yours, Life's a Bitch, Represent, One Love, Halftime, Ain't Hard to Tell and more. Then the "It Was Written" album where most of the crowd new the songs "If Ruled the World" with Miss Hill and "Street Dreams" and "Live Ni**a Rap" Without Mobb Deep of course and so much more.
Stillmatic..haha I knew he wasn't doing Ether..damn dummies..like how they played the beat thou. The HipHop is dead shit, Hate Me Now shit, he did oochie wallie, and the Ginuwine crap..but I guess the girls needed to get it too. But he came back strong with yes indeed for those that don't know fucking Main Souce "Live at the BBQ" verse and his verse on "Verbal Intercourse" on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. I almost passed out on the floor..I couldn't fucking believe it. Steve, Omar, Jimmy, Frazier, Jamaal, Joe, Tony, Bit, Nigel was going crazy..fuck that Ape Shit!!

I'm not even going to get into everything during the show..I know that there were more girls at the Nas show than Dwele..which really don't shock me thou. Well, Nasir covered all aspects, he took care of the US..the "Heads" that has been down since 91', the commercial folks that got in when he got with Lauryn Hill, and the Ladies in the place, and then the rest of the so called fans that was just happy to be there. I apologized silently for doubting Esco, because I was still pissed at Common. I don't know about anybody else I know my Krew was satisfied. Nasir Jones, Thank you for still keeping it thoro all these years. You came to the QC and rocked it son..no doubt.
Nuff Respect

More Photos Here on Jasiatic's Blog HERE

No comments: