Friday, December 12, 2008

You Know Who You Look Like..

When someone says "oh snap..you know who you look like like?!"
It usually is not a good thing..well in my case it's not.
I get it all the time random people will make a comment to me.
I thought for a long time that it was a cultural thing like you know
"we all look alike" but that is just people in general.
Yeah we all have had some say.."ah shit, you know who you look like!"
or
"you remind of um..what's him/her name?" I have always got that type of shit
as long as I can remember. Most people have said you look like this
person on TV, sports, cartoon character, or whatever..
that shit ain't all cool.
I look like my Pops with My Mom's eyes..that's it.
So I'm going to let see who people say I look like.

Orenthal
Photobucket
My first memory of mistaken identity was when I was a young kid in Germany. This was like about 3rd or 4Th grade..
My Family and I were getting some photos taken like family portraits or something. All I can remember from the shoot is the photographer says to me "Man you look like a little OJ Simpson!" I had no clue who he was at the time..so I whatever. The nickname stuck with me until about 5 grade, there was even some cereal called OJ..but there was no ties between the football star and the breakfast. It was really this skin tone and the haircut I had. Thank God I got a box down the line..
because the "round-off" was not making it.
Those who know what a round is can feel me.


Ray Barbee
Photobucket
In the late 80's early 90's when I started skateboarding, there was another person who people said I looked like. Ray Barbee I mean he was the person besides Ron Allen who I was my favorite skaters at the time. Even my good friend a former profession skater, we met because he thought I was Ray. Then he seen me skating and needless to say, he found out it wasn't Ray..haha. Anyways, I got that alot until my brief absence from skateboarding. It was ok because Ray Barbee is a legend and one of the coolest and nicest guys in skateboarding.

Michael Evans from Good Times
Photobucket
This one is all Pete's joke here..he always says I look like
Michael Evans from the 1974 to 1979 tv show "Good Times".

Busta
Photobucket
In High School, I started the Dredlocks hairstyle where I was different and stood out from everybody else. This was back in the days when everybody didn't have them..It was like that "nubian" thing...Check the Del tha Funkee Homosapien first two albums. I have been getting the Busta thing since..shit till he cut his hair.
When the homies and myself in a High school lip sync contest performed
A Tribe called Quest and Leaders of the New School classic "Scenario".
You can guess which part I did..yep the last and the most fun part.
Busta is a fellow Taurus so yeah kinda glad that's over with too.

Savion Glover
Photobucket
Yep, I get Savion Too..I know it's the hair and the beard thing.
Wish I had his damn money...seen him live dude is great.

Lil' Jon
Photobucket
The lil' Jon thing was when I started wearing fitted hats..It was stupid..I use to snap on people all the time about this one..shit wasn't cool.

Jason Momoa from Stargate Atlantis
Photobucket
This one I don't understand I look nothing like dude..he's not even Black!
So that one was for my homegirl that reads this blog..becz she loves this dude.
She told me "hell naw..you don't look like him..um no offense Myk".
None taken.

So I am just going to say it..I don't look like them dudes..
Get your fucking eyes checked..dumbass.

1 comment:

Few Redeeming Qualities.... said...

whats happenin killa? glad you gave up the round off.