Sunday, November 1, 2009

SpreadLove's "Felabration" w/ Roy Ayers & Rich Medina

Well, Steve and I were back in Atlanta for a day run for DJ Kemit's
SpreadLove's October Event.
This was a celebration of Fela Kuti the "Godfather Of Afrobeat". With DJ KEMIT, RICH MEDINA, DJ AUSAR, MAUSIKI SCALES & COMMON GROUND COLLECTIVE, and the "James Brown" of jazz music..ROY AYERS.
Oh it's was about to be one of those nights. I am just going to say, when we walked in the door guys and girls were getting their faces painted. Africa face paint to get into the mood and the celebration of the nights event to represent Fela. I just have to say that would never get done in Charlotte. Well, maybe a few ladies that I know. Not on scale I had seen that night..at all. Mausiki and the Common Ground most def set the tone for the night. Outstanding performance all night from them..they were on the stage majority of the night. Roy Ayers got on stage and killed it!
I mean what else is there to say. I hate that a few folks in the crew wasn't able to get some of it. Hopefully next time we can make it happen. Rich Medina..whew!!
I have no idea what was going on..but he was straight trippin'. Every song he played was a banger. People did not get off the dance floor until DJ Kemit said last song.
It's was the most insane energy and fun I've had in a few. It was awesome.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: