Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Getting Older

I had read somewhere Do not regret growing older, It is a privilege denied to many. Today I have mixed feelings about getting older as these years go by. I usually keep my age a quiet around people that barely know me. I kinda slipped my age out to a friend who didn't know how old I was. She was like "Myk what you say?? Your how old??" I quickly tried to avoid the question, she was not having that and asked to see my ID. Well part of it I have been trying to get at her friend, and I doubt she knew how old I was either. So when I slipped it out, I was like "oh shit..damn!". Even lied about my age to a young lady that I eventually got real close too, she found out one day when I was in the hospital and read my arm band. She is a accountant..um I think she can count pretty good.LOL. Most people I know always say man your not old, but to things I see around me I feel I am. What I'm talking about are people that are on their grown man thang. I look at my age, I see people with a wife, kids, and a mortgage. Even running companies, on the way to retirement in a professional sport(skateboarding included). One that bothers me too is that a certain soccer player that you may have heard of or not we are the same age and they call him "on his last leg". He is still a great soccer player and maybe has lost pace..but he is still playing top class football.

Really, what is old? those old sayings like "your as old as you feel" or "your old if you act old". There are some many I can't even remember them all. Well, I just know that I have single friends that don't do shit and chill in the house all the time. Yeah to each is own, but life is so very short and so much to experience and do...why I wanna waste it in the house watching movies, getting drunk, just kicking it, or laying under somebody. I mean not saying you need to be running the streets, but get out, stop and look up at the sky sometimes. I guess if you wilded out when you were younger, I can understand why you may want to chill for here on out. I think you can balance both with enjoying things and handling your biz. I see it all the time with people on a certain billionaire lady's talk show, I glance at once and a while. I see folks that have went to school, graduate school, marriage, kids, house, the whole nine and then say ..um and haven't lived life and did what they wanted to do. That always kinda confuses me...Naw it's never to late to do anything within means. I just don't want to be one of those people with that regret in life on down the road. I guess that comes with that "skateboarding mentality" I still have in my mind. That mentality to me is just the way you approach life and obstacles in everything. Because most know I'm not like OJ, Mark, Ian, John, Marcus, Danny, and Brandon and the many skaters around the QC busting heavy shit on the reg...You just see "possibilities" in everything and hyped on it..in which the way a skater's mind works...making something out of nothing..skaters can feel me.



I may have got off subject a little there..eh but ok. I don't feel like the "rising star" on the come up anymore. Plus, because I am O.G. I look at things so much differently now. Music is funny now, I remember when I was younger and folks said HipHop was trash and it was barely on the radio. Now that's all you hear and that ain't HipHop anyways, those are singles beat into your head that you'll forget in 6 months. I feel like my parents with the "ah that ain't music, that's some bullshit!"
Even with clothes..I look at gear different..can't take all those graphics..give me something plain but with a little steez. Sneakers ..ah well that's different..I won't even talk about that. I don't want to get into all that is unnecessary shit..the real shit..I mean the real shit is getting to that point where a getting stable is relevant. I realized not to long ago to get busy, but not the 9 to 5 way..unless I have to. I have been hustlin' doing many different things to get things crackin'..slow process though. The things that I'm involved in are great things and I see so much potential in them. So I'm going to hold tight and hang in there and bust my ass for them. Feels like I'm running out of time though, time waits for no man as it was written. Just trying to stay focused, cracking out fresh ideas, and stay on point, and keeping it thoro.

Back on getting older I have a neighbor who is 75 years old. Mr. Brewer looks like he is 50 years old and that's no lie. Mr. Brewer walks every morning, goes to the gym, eats right, check ups the whole nine. My Parents, My Great Uncle Jay, and Mr. Brewer are big inspirations in my life on aging and still enjoying life. I still can skate, the tricks are a little harder to make now..plus falling sucks. Riding on the fixie is pretty fun, great exercise, when it's working. Still kinda old skool housin'(jackin')freestyle dance a little..it's kinda tough though. I have also been eating better..hell damn near vegetarian..just hard to give up chicken.LOL I am getting better with staying a little more healthier now..thanks L.

I have a lot of energy, lust for life , and want to learn as much as I can. From the way I carry myself, to the sneakers on my feet, to the music I listen too. I will just continue on and not worry about getting older. Keep striving for the things I want and don't look back. Because I can't change the hands of time anyways, I can never get that time back. Just got to proceed and continue. I might be one of those late bloomers cats. I got to make the most out of my time on this earth, and waste not one minute.

No comments: