Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Televangelist

"the hearing"


"the hour of power"


I was chillin at home on a cloudy Sunday watching TV flipping channels. Came across a couple of stations with these evangelists on TV preaching to a congregation that looked like a NBA Playoff game. I watched one dude Pastor Kerney Thomas that I've seen before who has these "prayer cloths" which you have to pay for. I think the "prayer cloths" were like $40 bucks!! I seen Fashad @ Standard put up a post about him and and the crap this dude is doing see it here. So automatically I thought of "In Living Color" again and most definitely my top favorite after Homey sketches on the show. Well, you must have forgotten about Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey as the televangelist, that sketch is so damn funny. With Leaving California about 11 years ago and now being in the "bible belt" you get religion right in your face on a daily basis. I'm not going to get into it, don't want to..no need to anyways. I just wanted to remember this great sketch..I mean sketches with these two nuts. See the thing I see when I see a certain couple of pastors, deacons, whomever rolling hard. What I mean by that..straight up I see one who has a MayBach and has a chauffeur. So yeah watch the clip and enjoy and I leave you with a part of lyric from
Grand Puba on Brand Nubian's "Wake Up (Reprise In The Sunshine)".
"Because the heart of the problem is this..
Preacher got my Old Earth puttin money in the pan
For the rest of the week now I'm eatin out a soup can
He has a home, drives his Caddy through town..."

No comments: