Friday, February 13, 2009

JUMP RAMP



Oh man, does this bring back the reason that made me want to start skateboarding in the first place.
I was in Fort Ord, California around 1987, yeah I said 87'.
When my two of my friends Tony and Brett were skating a jump ramp
after school one day on a dead end street. Tony's house as the last house
on the street so there was no traffic. My Haro GT got jacked, so I was riding
a freestyle scooter with pegs and shit.
I use to hang out with them and watch them skate the launch ramp they built.
This was before you could buy them from Active or Dick's sporting goods.
Finally, I got a skateboard for Christmas and was riding.
Then the whole meeting and skating
with Justin while he was about to go pro for
Dogtown and moving to SF.
The jump ramp part is before all that.
Anyways, I'm not going down that road again.
Just great memories of a my youth.

No comments: