Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"I'm in my prime.."



The funniest scene in the movie Tombstone. I actually worked in the movie theater when this came out originally back in 1993. I saw this movie at least once a day everyday for about a month. I still enjoy watching this movie as if it was the first time watching it. I was living in Sierra Vista, Arizona for about a year and a half, and went to Tombstone a few times. It was only like 30 miles away from what I remember. This is a least 4 years before the movie was made when I visted. Val Kilmer performed so well in the Doc and the Jim Morrison roles. He should at least got an Oscar nod for the Doors movie. He was in his prime..
underrated if you ask me.

The Translation of their Latin battle.

Doc Holliday: In Vino Veritas.
In wine is truth. - Meaning - "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind."

Johnny Ringo: Age Quod Agis.
Do what you do. - Meaning - "Do what you do best."

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego.
The Jew Apella may believe it, not I. - Meaning -"Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best."

Johnny Ringo:
Eventus Stultorum Magister.
Events are the teachers of fools. - Meaning - "Fools have to learn by experience."

Doc Holliday:
In Pace Requiescat.
Rest in peace - Meaning - "It's your funeral!"

No comments: