Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red Bull Manny Mania Charlotte

Picture 008

This past HOT ass Saturday, the RED BULL MANNY MANIA event rolled through. Not only was it in town, it was on the block called Camden. Oh yeah, right in front of the Camden staple Fat Burrito(which I had a little earlier today) If you would like a quick overview of what Manny Mania is, well I will try to explain. I'm pretty sure Joey Brezinski was at the helm to get this type of technical contest rolling. The contest revolves around one trick, which is the Manual. If your sure what a manual is, basically balancing on either the front or back two wheels.

It's not a contest to see how long you can balance on two wheels down the street. This contest is more on sliding, grinding, flipping in and flipping out, and make sure you throw a manual in there somewhere, the possibilities are insane. I just purchased my new camera, so I didn't really get to test it out to much before the event. My card was too small, so I had to delete photos during the event. While I was doing that, tricks were going down and I missed great tricks. I will be better prepared and on point next time. Ryan Flynn was there with a CANON EOS-1 and more, I know his name with photo credits from Focus Skateboarding Magazine. Let's just say about Ryan, that's a bad man. It was a great turnout at the event, even with it being 100 degrees outside. I'm glad everyone stayed cool with refreshments and shade provided by RED BULL. My boy Joe aka DJ Spclgst (Special Guest) who straight up killed it all day long on the Huge Red Bull truck.

The BLACKSHEEP SKATESHOP crew was in full effect and in attendance. Blacksheep/Camden homies OJ Farrar, Ian Isenhour, Danny Delvin, Travis Kirkpatrick, Micah Mcswain, and Blake Spencer were in the contest. I know Bluetile Skates in Columbia, SC, Ruin Skateshop out of Atlanta, were all there.
It's been a while since I shot any moving objects, so It click it'll it was to late. Meaning I had a full card, it would have been better if I had some sequence shots. Anyways, It was HOT, had alot of fun, I got to see the Camden boys skate, good times. Oh yeah, thanks Audrey @RedBull for hooking a homie up.

Picture 003
Picture 004
Picture 011
Picture 010
Picture 014
Picture 012
Picture 018
Picture 019
Picture 022
Picture 055
Picture 025
Picture 026
Picture 056
Picture 057
Picture 058
Picture 059
Picture 080
Picture 081
Picture 090
Picture 104



Picture 106
Picture 109
Picture 111
Picture 117
Picture 119
Picture 127
Picture 118
Picture 129
Picture 135
Picture 151
Picture 110
Picture 157
Picture 134
Picture 160
Picture 167
Picture 168
Picture 169
Picture 177

Final Results
1. Matt Fink
2. Scotty Moore
3. Connor Champion

For More on the event click here @SKATEPARK OF TAMPA

SOURCE:SKATEPARK OF TAMPA and
RED BULL MANNY MANIA

No comments: