Friday, March 28, 2008

Bigger Than..

These are the weirdos that I gotta deal with..I try to avoid these guys and girls. They linger around on "the block" on Camden road in BlackSheep Skateshop, Niche and in the malls. Clueless cats..well not really because they just got off Hypebeast, Highsnobiety, Karmaloop, and pickyourshoes.com. Come on dude I do not like talking about Dunks, Jordans, and the newest tees to hit the streets everytime you see me. There are bigger things going on out in the world today..I mean come on.
I mean world issues, gas prices, global change, personal change, community change,
or why so many people asking you for spare change. 
For some that might be a little depressing, 
I mean that shit can wear you down a little bit.
It's just clothes..let's have something else to talk about.
I had on a shirt last night the Rogue Status "curb your god" tee and a dude maybe was a church going dude. He had seen me and he read the tee and
he leaned into me and asked me a couple of questions.
He said he wanted me to explain what it meant. I gave him my explanation and then he told me how he felt and what it mean to him. We had a good dialogue going, it was good to talk to someone with different views. He was kind of pissed off but he was cool..because I couldn't really talk all that long because I was working.
So later on that night ..he was leaving and he looked a little tipsy..
I stopped him and shook his hand. He told me thanks for being honest and
having that quick convo, He said it was cool neither one of us got loud and started some crap(Lucky for him. LOL) It really was a tee Jasper the head of Rogue Status gave to me when I wasn't wearing a Rogue tee @ Magic in Vegas. It is a rough tee, espically down here in the "Bible Belt". This is for random people that come up to me. Not for my friends and krew members..we talk about everything under the sun..so this is not for you guys. So yeah it's all good
we can chat about a couple of different things skateboarding, kicks, gear, women, the world, politics, etc etc. Just saying let's not be so one dimensional.
Be diverse..learn something else besides the next NikeSB's coming out.
When you can't drive to BlackSheep to get the next hot shoe out
because gas is $9 a gallon..then you wanna trip.
 

No comments: