Sunday, December 16, 2007

Driving while Black

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Friday Night My road dawg Anthony aka Ant aka Pete aka PeeWee and I had got pulled over on commonwealth in Charlotte this week.I mean, I know everybody has been pulled over, harassed, or fucked with in some way by the police. I feel bad because I asked my buddy for 10 years for a ride to get a pair of jeans from a spot called Boris and Natasha on Thomas street. My whole thing is not that we got pulled over, nor that I had just bought the EMB mids and they were on the floor in box..and the shine from the flashlight was blinding the hell outta me. Anyways the thing that pissed me off the most was the slang and the "hip" way the cop was talking to Ant.
Let me make sure I'm clear not on some way out shit, Ant was explaining about his tags and things and the cop goes"yeah man I feel you..word I feel ya". I was like the hell why is he talking like that..oh yeah he was a young white cop looked like he was in late 20's. Not Vanilla Icy or Marshall Mathers steez..he was I guess a regular white dude. I don't even use the slang he was using, really I don't use crazy slang anyways..well A little. The cop was liked since he pulled over some brothers he gotta pull out his "keeping it real in the field" handbook. He just talked to us like we were some dudes in a Cadillac on some 28's and shit.
I don't know it just threw me off with the slang, I think it was just unnecessary and he needs to git his shit together. Hell I guess after all this I just wrote, I can but myself in his place too. He has to do what he feels he has to do to ease a situation so he can makeit home every night to his family or loved ones too.
So in the words of Officer Ross that pulled us over...
I feel ya..I feel ya.

1 comment:

Mr. Ryan said...

you and hen drive crazy. lol