Thursday, December 27, 2007

WHAT HAPPENED series 1..Kelis



I know, I'm gonna catch a lot of hell and shit for this...but I guess I'll explain first. Well the 1st Kelis joint "Kaleidoscope" was so dope. Songs like " Caught Out There", "Get Along With You" and "I Want Your Love" was my shit... With that classic Neptunes sound before it got ran into the ground. The next joint with "Young, Fresh N' New" with the monster truck in the video was sick too. On the last one while everybody listened to "milkshake".. I was listening to "Millionaire" with Andre 3000 and "Glow" with Raphael Saadiq...good songs but I guess sales wasn't to good so I heard. Man I even got some other house mixes of some stuff too she has done. My point is really with all the beating around the bush.....Kelis is still beautiful, sexy as hell, and talented etc etc and made alot of the B-Boys, Skaters, Real Soul cats, eclectic cats, just be on some like "Wow". Kelis had something too make you just fall in love with her style and everything about her...my ex- girl stole(okay lifted) mine and my boy's copy because she lost hers. There was alot of my boys was feelin' her for real even though she liked thugs ( Shyne, ODB, Nas). To sum it up "Bossy" was crucial..I couldn't fuck with it at all...I couldn't break down and do it...it was just weird as hell to me. I hope she sales an ass load of records... B.E.T. and MTV....the music industry is so gone now there is no coming back now. I don't know if Puffy or her husband Nas got her into that shit..but hell it was a little strange. Well, The artist that I use to support are changing, not so much in a good way but hell the world is changing too. Kelis and Esco are married anyways, hell they gotta pay those bills not me. I just miss that sound from her and the Neptunes..maybe I'm holding on..well not really..thus Broken Beats.Whatever I will just quote one of the greatest songs of all time from Common ( Sense)..."I use to love H.E.R" .
(P.S. oh yeah Common..homie your next..this is Personal!!)

No comments: