Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Massan Inspiration

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Jeff last year got me into fixed gear riding by actually giving me a bike ready to go about April/May of last year. The only thing I did was change from the bullhorn handle bars and went to the riser bars(clears throat) the first in the crew to do it. Haha anyways, A.C.'s bike is more dope anyways outta of the crew..back to what I was talking about. I went to Henry's new crib yesterday, and he had MashSF video playing on TV and I haven't seen it yet. So I was talking and getting a grand tour, and I see Jovantae Turner ex-skateboarder, EMB legend, ex-world industries pro, doing treflip nose wheelies 15 years ago, one of my skateboarding idols on the tube. Had Bay Area rapper Richie Rich playing on JT, John Igei, some others in a montage part, but when Massan came on..oh sun it was on.

It is funny how I identify or single out one person when it get into something.
When I see him I was okay I'm ready to check his part out. Then all of a sudden Gangstarr's song "Capture Militia Pt.3" with Big Shug & Freddie Foxxx comes on. If you have "the Owners" album play that shit..Primo is killing it. So the dopest dude in MASHSF/HUFSET, Respected by the Japanese Riders, Dave's Quality Meats, NorCal finest part is hella dope. From MashSF's HoneyBlog to anything to do with Fixed Gear riding know and respect the quiet as kept 27 year brotha from SFC(Sucka Free)for yall. I just love to get and see inspiration in dudes that look like me or come from the same background as myself.

Jefe told a couple of us that he met Massan on his honeymoon in San Fran..because Jeff fibs alot nobody believed him. Until, Hen went to NYC last month, Hen was in Dave's Quality Meats and sees Massan there. Massan asked Hen where he got a hat he had on his head, Hen said "from a friend of mine in NC named Jeff". Massan said "yeah I met a dude and his wife in SF last year from NC named Jeff." Hen said he was blown away, so I guess Jeff did tell the truth after all.
Word on the street that BlackSheep Cycles and Jeff are having a MashSf premiere and alley cat race here in Charlotte. I also hear it's the time when I go to Vegas and that would suck but Vegas vs MashSF..um..I'm buying the video anyways. I'm just glad he killed it and hopefully I hear some good news about the Charlotte visit.
Hope it not the same time. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

lola smalls said...

HEY! My friend Eugene is apart of MashSF!