Monday, January 21, 2008

WUTANG..Charlotte @ Amos SouthEnd

I don't know how to even start this..well It was a brisk day here in Charlotte with this weird weather, It Snows, then cold rain, all of a sudden it'll clear up, and then rains, then black ice..whatever..It's time for the WU. I seen Rage Against The Machine and Wutang(every member was there) back in the mid 90's back in Califorina. Now I had the chance to get the Wu again for one more go around. Thanks for Kitch for taken care of me so I can get some of this long awaited round 2. It honestly was a long day for me, everybody called me to see when I was going because I always can skip the line. The line was so long it was wrapped around the building, plus it was freezing outside(18 to 20deg).I was waiting on Cory coming back from Bama to handle his biz and stopping off in ATL to scoop the 704 StreetLocal tees. So Jimmy came and scooped me, met up with my homies Lauren & Melissa at Amos, and went straight to the front and got through. All my folks were there, StreetLocal, BoyKrew, Camden Crooks, The Joneses, NinjaScience, DR and Kitch was spinning warming up the crowd, my road dawg at Alley Cat Mike Cooper, I was wore out from pounds, daps, and hugs(from women)from the many people I know in Charlotte that showed up.

Okay, the word on the street was Meth was not there, we already knew that Rza wasn't going to be there. If you don't know why Rza is not on tour..google it.. I don't feel like going through the explanation. Kitch told me that Meth's plane was delayed so it's going to be on when he shows up. Okay now people are filing in now for the show, at the end of the night I heard it was 1400 people in Amos!!! That's hella crazy dude, that's the most packed I ever seen Amos Southend. The one thing I want to talk about is these 4 fights that happened inside the Amos. These young dudes trying to start shit in there, and I'm glad it wasn't "us" this time. I'm a Military Kid, I don't want anybody taking this the wrong way, but being from California.. I'm "color blind" feel me? I want to make that clear first, but these little white dudes was wildin' out. These certain kids that did the same shit at the Nas show, all of a sudden have heart and wanna be tough. Silly Rabbits, your not tough dude..come to my street..Betties Ford and Lasalle with that shit..yeah I didn't think so..stay in Gastonia..Marks!!!
Some shit started when this dude with his girl standing right next to me started getting inpatience about Wu not going on untill like almost 1130ish. So about 11pm that start talking shit and his girl throws a half a cup of beer below us from the balcony where I was posted up. Oh yeah I had words back and forth with the dude, and basically told him, since I was about 15 deep,I told him that him and his girl will go over the balcony on there heads. So they left quickly, soon after that they folks that got wet from the beer was highly pissed. Since I was in it, they people are looking at me and flipping me off and luckly my boy Mike Cooper was down there straighting folks out. I was telling people below I had nothing to do with it, and those people had already bounced. People just glared up and threw some cups up on the balcony and finally stopped the madness and calmed down.

Okay the real reason You wanted to read this rant, the Wutang show right? Okay after DR stopped spining and after the chants of "WU TANG, WU TANG, WU TANG!!" from the amped crowd. The Wu's DJ comes out then you hear Rae's voice, Then Ghost's voice, then the beat for "bring the ruckas" comes blasting outta of the speakers. Then one by one they appear from the side of the stage..funny mad casual and shit. Raekwon was first, Deck, U-god, Gza, StreetLife, Cappadonna, then MastaKillah, then my fellow Taurus Dennis Coles aka GhostFace. Hell I've been thinking for the last 20 minutes when Meth came out but It was right b4 his verse on....I forgot. Anyways, Wu did songs many young so called "WuHeads" might not know. Wu did these songs and not in this order.. What The Blood Clot(Tical) Meth & Street's Dangerous Grounds(Tical 2000), U-God's Dat's Gansta(Redemption), Cap's 97' Mentality(The Swarm), shit I 'm not listing all the real head shit they did..it was enough though. Okay this is actually taking way to long to type, so I'm wrapping this up B. The show after years of not seeing them was off the hook, haven"t felt this way about HipHop in a longtime since Dilla..so it was good. Wu didn't do any new shit off the album too..hmm I wonder why??

Between Meth crowd surfing and stepping on people and standing straight the fuck up on the crowds hands, was great. Yeah Meth always does him, but Cappadonna killed it with his long freestyles. The piss poor energy that Q.C. gives off..was a complete shock and complete opposite. The Crowd yelled as loud and as long as they could, when they weren't in awe of who was rappin at the time. It was a good show, crazy energy, crew was there, and WU repped hard. The after party was dead so Jammal, Jimmy and myself went to Feast to eat then to the house. Here's some photos..plus I figured out to record and put em' on youtube..sound quality sucks..but you get the point.
Big shout out goes to Ant for meeting you and telling me you read these rants..
thanks homie.
WUTANG FOREVER!

"BRING THA RUCKUS"


SOME DUDES, SHANE, MYSELF, HEN, A.C., AND RADAR
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


THE KING AND I
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


MY DAWG FOR YEARS RYAN WITH THAT LO' LIFE SHIT!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


"FISH"


UPTOP VIEW
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


"LIQUID SWORDS"


YES..METH IS STANDING ON THE CROWDS HANDS.
HE FINALLY GOT UP THERE.
AFTER A COUPLE OF TRIES.
HE ACTUALLY DID A BETTER ONE,
BUT THE LIGHTING WAS PISS POOR
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


"MIGHTY HEALTHY"


GHOST & METH
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


"97' MENTALITY"

No comments: