Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sol Kitchen aka Michael Kitchen

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I had the pleasure of meeting my homie Mike Kitchen aka Kitch about 7 years ago in and around Charlotte. We connected because he was another one of the househeads/musicheads, diverse thinking, talking about Brazilian Women, Loving real music like I did. He always worked on bringing acts to Charlotte that would pass us up and go to Raleigh or Atlanta. Under the promo name "SoL Kitchen", he brought Raphael Saadiq, Eric Roberson, Dwele, Jill Scott, and many others. Mike, Steve, and myself always joke about acts we wish we would like to see in the Q.C. like J Davey, but we know we'll be the only ones there. Mike is also If you are not down or diss some shit you can get the fuck out and he'll tell you to your face..oh women included. Those chicks that said DJ Jamad was wack in the beginning he told them "fuck you and Don't ever come back!" That's my dawg, LOL. I just want to give Mike a shout out, plus he has a write up about his background and struggles with the scene in the Charlotte Observer newspaper today.I just want to say Thanks Mike and I salute you for going against the grain with these Charlotte folks for ALL THESE YEARS!!!There is still alot to do here and we the "Collective" are fully aware of the struggle. Congrats Kitch.
(p.s. I did put out all the Wu-Tang flyer's..I'm on it!!.
CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE

No comments: